Wed, Feb 08|
Virtual Zoom Event
Monetizing Your Rehousing Investment: Performance Program Budgeting for System Leaders
Join us for our next System Leadership Training Session – Monetizing your Rehousing Investment: Performance Program Budgeting for System Leaders.
Time & Location
Feb 08, 2023, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM PST
Virtual Zoom Event
About our session:
Increased investment in funding to address homelessness in California has created an opportunity for counties to play a more significant role as system leaders in their local homelessness response networks. New funding creates exciting opportunities to help more vulnerable community residents, however, the new funding comes with expectations to achieve system-level performance measures that cannot be achieved in isolation, but in tandem with cross-sector homelessness response system partners. As such, system leaders who manage departmental homelessness programs must increase their understanding of the value of their investments as a contributor to the local homelessness response system; and align funding with program goals, objectives, and outcomes to do their part to achieve anticipated results.
We will discuss best practices adapted from performance-based budgeting to analyze your program funding to increase understanding of the true value of your investment, how it contributes to the performance of the local homelessness response system, and how to align resources to maximize your contribution and achieve anticipated results. At the end of this session, system leaders will have an understanding of performance-based budgeting and increased value of budgets as a management tool for program planning and performance management.
We will present this session in three parts:
- Webinar 1 - An introduction to performance-based budgeting and how this budgeting approach supports system leaders achieve program results and community expectations.
- Webinar 2 – An offering of a deeper dive into program budgeting with the use of local data, constraints of specific program guidelines, and tips on aligning goals and outcomes with statewide performance measures.
- Peer Learning Community – An opportunity to share and learn from colleagues as you work on your own program budget template.
- Learn how to align homelessness program goals, objectives, activities, and funding through the budget process.
- Utilize budgets as a living document for program planning and performance management.